Wichita State roared to a 20-point lead with 11 minutes to play after Ohio State played an awful first half, but LaQuinton Ross scored 15 of his 19 points after halftime, leading a ferocious rally to within three points in the final minutes. Wichita State will make it to first Final Four appearance since 1965. First 9th seed since Penn in 79, which was last time Missouri Valley Conference team made it. That was Larry Bird and the Indiana State Sycamores.
Tag Archives: Big Ten
Leave a comment | tags: Aaron Craft, Big Ten, Buckeyes, Final Four, Indiana State Sycamores., LaQuinton Ross, Larry Bird, March Madness, Mid Major, Missouri Valley Conference, NCAA, Ohio State, Staple Center, West Regional Final, Wheat Shockers, Wichita State | posted in College Basketball
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Stanley Cup final: It's just a game but maybe hockey can heal in Boston
- Grand Rapids Griffins win 2013 American League Calder Cup championship, first in franchise history
- Hawks coach not saying where or when Hossa was hurt, unwilling to tip hand
- Stanley Cup finals' Game 3 draws most viewers for NHL on NBC Sports Network
- The Great One firmly believes NHL will return to Quebec City someday